Friday, April 1, 2022

Ask Me Anything!

 

According to a recent study, the title above is the Number One blog post title these days. Why? Because it implies you're very open to being asked anything and you have all the answers. Well, I don't. I only know one thing. And it's The One Thing No-One Will Tell You (Number Two most popular blog post tile!). Not even I can tell you. It relates to a Canadian model train company. For legal reasons, I can't publish the company name, or Trackside Treasure risks being sued by a squadron of lawyers, and they'll seize all our assets. And we don't have any. Instead, I'll share a hazy image here that I photographed using No. 12 welding glass, on a cloudy afternoon, through our front door, bounCing the image off our hall mirror. Look quick!

Now that we know who I'm *not* talking about, you need to know The One Thing No-One Will Tell You. Am I going to make you read all the way through this for an anticlimactic ending? Nosireebob. Here it is. Just stand on your head and use a mirror, or turn your device over and use a mirror. Or just read it. It ain't rocket science, dude. Don't hurt yourself:
You read it right - everything since Confederation. One-hundred-and-fifty-five years' worth, baby! Name something. RS-23? Yes. Sclair car? Yep. All types of CP snowplow. Fersher! That beat-up CN tie gon that's been out behind your brother-in-law's place for like, 30 years? Yes. GMDH-1? Yes. [Except if Mark Perry is reading this in which case, sadly no.] The entire Temiscouata Railway fleet? You bet your Quebecbippy. Everything, except the Tyco Missile Car and they're just waiting for the licensing to come through on that.  No more need for product announcements, because it's all getting made and they'll just let you know when it's ready. No guessing. No wagering. No worries. Just relax.

There. Now you know The One Thing that No-One Will Tell You. And you heard it right here on Trackside Treasure. Unless you're a lawyer. In which case, I've just been hacked and I have no idea how this got here. Oh, and I'll be transitioning this into an Ask Me Anything on Facebook Live on the first. It starts just after noon.

8 comments:

David Voss said...

You're a day early Eric.... LOL

Eric said...

For real, David?

Well, I know not everyone jumps out of bed at midnight, so I have to bracket it a little bit. Also, I want to get a good night's sleep, hence the posting now.

Just imagine, everything since Confederation...that's a long time! Wow!
Thanks for your comment,
Eric

J. P. said...

Joyeux poisson d'avril and may all pranks pulled on you be funny ones

Eric said...

Merci, JP!
Eric

Mike Galt said...

Hello great Eric, How do they get the caramel centers in to the caramilk bars ? you said to ask you any thing .

Thanks
Mike

Eric said...

I'll add that to my to-do list, Mike.

I'm still working on the puzzling conundrum of the Diamond Shreddies!

Thanks for your comment,
Eric

Lord Darth McIan said...

Whoo Hoo! GMDH-1s are coming! I can't wait to see them in VIA and CP Multi-Mark!!

Eric said...

Having already given up on its goal of only producing what was passing by Spadina in 1980, Rapido will be producing the GMDH-1's in Pennsy, Santa Fe, Burlington and Union Pacific...you know, like Athearn used to!

Thanks for your comment, Ian. And your enthusiasm!
Eric