Five hours from Sarnia to Toronto, with a normal freight train transit time of 10 hours. Only 24 hours from Chicago. And we thought only hogs could clear That Toddlin' Town without changing trains! CN 8869 had taken over at Battle Creek, MI and departed Flint at 2315 on Tuesday night. Elmer Ogden's granddaughter was called for the train out of Toronto at 0800. CN 5638-2204 led CN No 271 at 1238 coming up on CN No 518 lifting at Ernestown, taken from the south side of Bath Road (below). I could not scan the train - I had to keep my eyes on the wheels of cars on CN No 271, concerned that 698 might slip by. Worse than not getting a photo would have been not knowing the short train had sneaked by me, obscured by the all-encompassing auto racks!
- At the 1:23 mark of this Youtube video still at the Sacramento Siemens plant on September 16.
- Skip ahead to the 1:13 mark of this Youtube video on September 26 north from Sacramento through Marysville, CA.
- Zipping through Kearney, NE at the 26:35 mark of this Youtube video on September 27.
- VIA promotes the new equipment back in December, 2018 when the ordered was placed.
- Watch the train bounce through Brockville.