Metrolinx internal messaging stated that CN was 'looking to bring CEO train with retirees across our network' on June 9. On that day, the train was to 'depart Mac Yard via York 2 or York 3 with the engine on the head end [sic] and take the Newmarket Sub to Union Station via the south connecting track at Snider. From here the engine and consist will depart Union and head eastward up the GO Kingston and onto CN's Kingston Subdivision to Montreal.'
But then Metrolinx denied CN their movement, so passengers were loaded at the CN Brampton Intermodal Terminal Friday morning and an all-CN route taken toward Montreal on June 9.
Wabtec-rebuilt CN 3309 (ex-2598 C44-9W rebuilt into a AC44C6M) led 6 business cars:
- CN 1710/Fraser Spirit - HEP car
- IC 800210/Baton Rouge - sleeper
- CN 1059/Tawaw - lounge/kitchen
- IC 101314/Champlain - dining car
- CN 119/Ocean View? or Jasper? - new to CN full-length dome
- IC 800653/Sandford Fleming -theatre/inspection car
- CN 99/American Spirit - dome car
- IC 800413/Great Lakes - bedroom/observation